Engage Texas is a 501 c(4) nonprofit organization that supports and coordinates progressive nonprofit organizations around Texas. Texas Well and Healthy is a statewide grassroots campaign to improve the health and well being of Texans. We are building a broad-based movement around the state and are in need of thoughtful, creative, and engaged interns for supporting this expanding project.
- Updating and maintaining contacts in Voter Activation Network database
- Coordinating and following up with new campaign members and supporters
Duties may also include:
- Delivering workshops on healthcare issues including public programs and the Affordable Care Act.
- Outreach to University campuses and students about healthcare access and coverage issues in Texas
- Coordinating legislative visits, public engagement, and other advocacy activity
As an intern you will have the opportunity to develop skills in:
- Use of the America Votes Voter Activation Network database, an integral tool to strategic organizing in the progressive community
- Issue-based campaign organizing techniques
- Online advocacy and the use of social media for organizing
- Public advocacy techniques
- Basic healthcare policies
We are happy to work with students to gain credit for internships. Interns would be based at our Austin, TX office.
All interested parties are encouraged to apply by sending resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.Posted in News|