We’ve developed a new resource that explains why it is so important for Texas to come up with a health care solution before the 2013 legislative session ends later this month. For 1.5 million Texans, health coverage is within reach. Now, it’s up to all of us to help to make sure it happens.
HB 3791 by Rep. John Zerwas is not Medicaid expansion, but it would use newly available state and federal funds to provide private health insurance to low-income adults. Our infographic illustrates a health care solution could provide needed coverage to hard-working Texans AND economically benefit the state as a whole.
This session our campaign has been so excited by the amount of people who have visited their elected officials, marched at rallies, shared their personal stories, and showed in various ways that they care about finding a health care solution for Texas.
- Myra Crownover – Denton, district 64
- Sarah Davis – Houston, district 134
- Todd Hunter – Corpus Christi, district 32
- Dan Branch – Dallas, district 108
- Angie Chen Button – Garland/Dallas, district 112
- Byron Cook – Corsicana, district 8
- John Frullo – Lubbock, district 84
- Charlie Geren – Fort Worth, district 99
- John Keumpel – Seguin, district 44
- Doug Miller – New Braunfels, district 7
Posted in The Texas Treatment|Tagged advocacy, Government, health care, Legislation, Texas|